Bookkeeper / Jr. Accountant
We are seeking a finance person, who will be responsible for the preparation of the general ledger account analysis and reconciliation, month end roll-forwards, and variance analysis.
- Process all receipts (e.g., petty cash / event petty cash) and record corresponding revenues
- Manage all money requests (e.g., wires, cash, show checks) for production and/or show settlement
- Review show settlement immediately following the show and work with operational field people who settle the show
- Prepare event P&L (or flash) and event related journal entries.
- Review and monitor Quickbooks event reports for reasonableness
- Hard book shows no later than sixty days after the event date
- Make sure that all receivables, receipts, and payable items are processed and recorded accurately and timely; participate in and monitor collection of receivables; submit and file rent calculations and lease payments
- Reconcile general ledger accounts and research to ensure accuracy
- Prepare and enter month end journal entries
- Prepare schedules for the month end / quarter end reporting package
- Complete the monthly Financial Statement Checklist and supporting package documentation
- Perform and analyze all bank / credit card reconciliations
- Monitor receivable balances and collection efforts, ensuring adequate reserves are recorded as necessary
- Ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures / policies, including Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Support audit processes, preparing internal and external audit schedules as needed and liaising with auditors
- Assist in the preparation of monthly forecasts and update figures in the Quickbooks (budget/forecasting) system
- Assist Manager in the preparation of annual budgets with cooperation / input of operations
- Possess excellent organizational, communication, and analytical skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced environment
- Assist with special projects as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- Accounting degree required
- Two to four years comparable work experience
- Quickbooks Accounting System is required
- Understanding of live event accounting
Our team is incredible, but there are lots of other reasons to jump on board, including:
- Daily coffee and spontaneous treats in the office
- Health care, including vision and dental
- 401K plan
- Smart casual dress code
- Generous vacation time
- Company-wide outings or in-office activities (chair massage days, Phillies games, etc.)
- Frequent Live Nation ticket drawings
- Professional development budget
ESM Productions is a premier, full-service event production company that specializes in the creative design, planning and execution of high-profile events and broadcast productions. We supply the innovative expertise, resources and state-of-the-art technology to meet a wide variety of production needs and challenges. At ESM, we believe in utilizing the skills of each of our talented and diverse team members. We work as a cohesive group, fostering an atmosphere of support and togetherness that contributes to our many successful events.
Salary dependent upon experience.
Benefits and 401k offered.
TO APPLY: Submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with "Bookkeeper / Jr. Accountant" as the subject line.